Apply directly to Reaseheath
A minimum of 64 UCAS points
Part-time: 4 years by blended learning
The course is delivered in the £7.4 million UCR Food Innovation Centre, an industry-leading academy with an international reputation in the food and drink sector.
The course provides an in-depth knowledge of the food industry with core modules in food science, sustainability, and new product development.
Learning is assessed by a combination of assignments, reports, practical assessments and examinations. Upon successful completion of the Foundation Degree students may progress onto the one year BSc top-up to gain a BSc (Hons) Food Manufacturing with Operations Management.
University Centre Reaseheath is an academic partner of the University of Chester. Foundation degrees, Honours degrees, and Cert Ed are awarded by the University of Chester.
What will I study?
- Food Materials and Product Manufacture
- Food Safety in Manufacturing
- Food Science and Composition
- Introduction to Human Nutrition
- Food Processing and Packaging
- Food Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- A minimum of 64 tariff points from A and AS levels to include a Food or Science subject.
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) – a minimum grade MPP in Applied Science or Food Science
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) – a minimum of grade MM in Applied Science or a Hospitality and Catering subject
- City & Guilds Level 3 Technical Advanced Extended Diploma (1080 – first awarded in 2019) – a minimum of grade MPP in Applied Science or a Hospitality and Catering subject
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma (720 – first awarded in 2019) – a minimum of grade MM in Applied Science or a Hospitality and Catering subject
- Mature students (aged 21+) will be considered on an individual basis on their prior knowledge and experience. This may be assessed by interview, completion of coursework/essay or other methods. There may be a requirement for a formal qualification to be completed first e.g. Access to HE course.
- One year top-up route to BSc (Hons) Food Manufacturing with Business Management Top-Up.
- Sustainability consultant
- Environmental socio-economist
- Emergency response officer or international aid/development worker
- Policy adviser
- Food technologist
- Supply chain manager
- Packaging developer
- New product developer
- Food innovation manager
As a Higher Education student you will have two main costs to meet; your tuition fees and living costs.
Our full-time tuition fees for UK and EU students, entering University, can be found on the student finance page. These fees are charged for each academic year of a course and are set by the college annually.
If you are an international student or for the latest information on tuition fees visit the student finance page on our website.
A standard laboratory coat can be bought from the Reseaheath shop for approximately £15 or can be purchased from a store of your choice.
- £15 for a lab coat (can buy via Amazon etc)
Prices of equipment are subject to change dependent on retailer.
Would you like to look around? Arrange a visit and see what University Centre Reaseheath can offer
Find out everything you need to apply to study at University Centre Reaseheath
If you have any questions about UCR, or need information on any of our courses, we’re here to help
Take a look through our latest prospectus.