A minimum of 64 UCAS points
Full-time: 2 years
What will I study?
This HND will develop you as a professional, self-reflecting individual who is able to meet the demands of employers in the public services sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification provides a route to further study and will enhance your career prospects.
You will study a range of topics from across the Public Services, supporting your academic studies with specialist input from the extensive links between the college and public service providers.
- Unit 1: Organisational Structures and Culture
- Unit 2: Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 3: Equality, Diversity and Fair Treatment
- Unit 4: Public Services in Contemporary Society
- Unit 14: Crime and Substance Misuse
- Unit 15: Modern Warfare and Conflict
- Unit 22: Fitness Preparation and Testing
- Unit 27: Psychology of Behaviour
All level 4 modules must be successfully completed before a student can proceed to level 5. All modules are compulsory.
- A minimum of 64 tariff points from A & AS levels
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) – MPP in Sport, Public Services or Adventure Sport
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) – MM in Sport, Public Services or Adventure Sport
- City & Guilds Level 3 Technical Advanced Extended Diploma (1080 – first awarded in 2019) – a minimum of grade MPP in in Sport, Public Services or Adventure Sport
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma (720 – first awarded in 2019) – a minimum of grade MM in in Sport, Public Services or Adventure Sport
- Mature students (aged 21+) will be considered on an individual basis on their prior knowledge and experience. This may be assessed by interview, completion of coursework/essay or other methods. There may be a requirement for a formal qualification to be completed first e.g. Access to HE course.
- Top-up route to BA (Hons) in Outdoor Leadership or Adventure Sports or other related subject.
- Delivering Professional Development courses
- Work in multi-activity centres
- Teaching and developing young people
- Leading expeditions
- Coaching Adventure Sports Performance
- Environmental Education/Field Studies
As a Higher Education student you will have two main costs to meet; your tuition fees and living costs.
Our full-time tuition fees for UK and EU students, entering University, can be found on the student finance page. These fees are charged for each academic year of a course and are set by the college annually.
If you are an international student or for the latest information on tuition fees visit the student finance page on our website.
Additional qualifications in Security and Conflict Resolution will be available at an additional cost.
The majority of industry visits will be included in the course fees, however learners will be able to access additional study tour opportunities, such as visits to Berlin or Normandy with the Royal British Legion at an additional cost.
- Textbooks (approximately £40 per book if purchased)
- Stationery (approximately £30)
Prices of equipment are subject to change dependent on retailer.
Would you like to look around? Arrange a visit and see what University Centre Reaseheath can offer
Find out everything you need to apply to study at University Centre Reaseheath
If you have any questions about UCR, or need information on any of our courses, we’re here to help
Take a look through our latest prospectus.