Apply directly to Reaseheath
Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry
Part-time: 2 years
25 days per year in blocks
What will I study?
- Applied Botanical Concepts and Practices for Floristry
- International Studies for Floristry
- Floral Event Management
- Business Management for Floristry
- Marketing and Promotion Management for Floristry
- Professional Floristry Skills – Design Innovations
All modules are compulsory.
- Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry
- High level lecturing and teaching
- Demonstrating to national and international professionals
- Elite event planner
- Bespoke floral designer
As a Higher Education student you will have two main costs to meet; your tuition fees and living costs. Tuition fees are charged for each academic year of a course and are set by the college annually. Visit the student finance pages on our website for the latest information on tuition fees.
You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. Costing has been worked out to include registration, exam fees and certificate issue. Flowers for the practical exam are an additional cost at approximately £150.
Learners will supply their own flowers, foliage, sundries and accessories. A comprehensive range of foliage is available in Reaseheath grounds.
If learners are representing the institutution whilst working on a project off-site, a Reaseheath apron must be worn. Learners supply their own tools and equipment.
- The Professional Manual for Florists
- Dr Hessayon, The House Plant Expert
Publications by leading floral designers:
- Fusion Flowers magazine
A range of appropriate literature is available in the University Centre Reaseheath library.
- A windows compatible laptop (£300-£500)
- Digital camera (from £40) or a phone with a camera (from £9/month rental, approx. £150 refurbished to own and from £100 SIM unlocked to own)
- Digital photobook to present portfolio (£30-£50) or scrapbook (approx. £15 plus cost of photos printed off)
- USB memory stick (£5-£10) or hard drive (£26-£50) or cloud based digital storage space (usually on laptop)
- Boots/shoes that are covered/not open (from £20)
- Floristry toolbox essentials: knife, scissors, secateurs, oasis fix, bullion wire, stemtex/parafilm, pot tape, wires of a range of gauges purchasable from the online store (£110)
- A willingness to source a variety of mediums and decorative sundries to explore different design styles (approx. £10 per week)
- A Reaseheath apron, purchasable from the online store (£17)
- Supply of own flowers for designs each week (approx. £15- £40 per week, though foliage can be sourced from the grounds)
- Folding boot cart to transport materials from car to classroom (approx. £20)
Prices of equipment are subject to change dependent on retailer.
Would you like to look around? Arrange a visit and see what University Centre Reaseheath can offer
Find out everything you need to apply to study at University Centre Reaseheath
If you have any questions about UCR, or need information on any of our courses, we’re here to help
Take a look through our latest prospectus.