A minimum of 104 UCAS points
Full-time: 3 years
During this course, you will have lots of opportunities for both practical and theoretical study, to learn the key principles, theories and perspectives of sports coaching, in areas such as anatomy and physiology, psychology and match analysis as well as exploring complementary roles in football, such as business development, and performance analysis.
You will also develop your knowledge and skills further by undertaking research activities, learning how to gather and use data to support athletes. You will do this by using the latest video software and geographical navigation vests, and use these to statistically analyse individual plays and player performance. This is a key skill to master, as analysis is an ever-growing part of the football and coaching industry, and is essential to any coach for monitoring player progression.
During your time at UCR, you will also study other vital topics needed for a successful career in sports coaching, such as sports psychology, evaluating sport leadership styles, and current football coaching legislation, including safeguarding and the Football Offences Acts. You will also study the anatomical workings of the human body and core biological principles, learning how to apply them to injury prevention, assessment and exercise physiology activities.
That’s not all. We are committed to ensuring you gain as much experience as possible, so during your studies, you will also have the chance to complete work experience shadowing or supporting coaches alongside our partner football clubs for that all important extra experience, to make you and your CV well and truly stand out.
What will I study?
- Fundamentals of Football Coaching
- Introduction to Sports Psychology
- Introduction to Football Science
- Introduction to Performance Based Coaching and Match Analysis
- Coach in Society
- Introduction to Sports Injuries and Injury Prevention
*There are no optional modules.
A minimum of 104 UCAS points from A & AS levels
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) – a minimum of grade DMM
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) a minimum grade D*D
- City & Guilds Level 3 Technical Advanced Extended Diploma (1080 – first awarded in 2019) – a minimum of grade DMM
- City& Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma (720 – first awarded in 2019) – a minimum of grade D*D
- Access to HE – a minimum of 104 tariff points
- Mature students (21 years of age or over) will be considered on an individual basis on their prior knowledge and experience. This may be assessed by interview, completion of coursework/essay or other methods. There may be a requirement for a formal qualification to be completed first e.g Access to HE course
As a Higher Education student you will have two main costs to meet; your tuition fees and living costs.
Our full-time tuition fees for UK and EU students entering University can be found on our student finance page. These fees are charged for each academic year of a course and are set by the college annually.
If you are an international student or for the latest information on tuition fees visit the student finance page on our website.
In addition to the tuition fees students will be expected to pay for their Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check – current Fee £44 with £13 per year for the annual update.
Students will need to purchase the Reaseheath HE sports clothing equating to approximately £120. In addition, there will be a sports equipment pack to purchase which will consist of essential kit such as a foam roller, whistle etc. costing approximately £30.
As an additional enhancement to their study programme but not a mandatory requirement, students will be provided with the opportunity to access field trips and sports tours.
Approximate costs of these optional activities to students:
- Sports Tour – £500-£1000
- Facilities trips – £300
Whilst studying on the programme students can also acquire optional additional qualifications at an additional cost to themselves.
Examples of qualifications and approximate costs are as follows:
- UEFA B – £3500-£4000
- Additional coaching qualifications such as Sports Leaders – £350-£400
- Resistance band, approx. £20
- Foam roller, approx. £20
- Whistle, approx. £5
- Reaseheath branded sports kit, approx. £100
Prices of equipment are subject to change dependent on retailer.
Would you like to look around? Arrange a visit and see what University Centre Reaseheath can offer
Find out everything you need to apply to study at University Centre Reaseheath
If you have any questions about UCR, or need information on any of our courses, we’re here to help
Take a look through our latest prospectus.