Apply through workplace
Sponsored by dairy company
Part-time: 3 years block release
The programme covers all aspects of dairy technology including practical hands-on craft skills, key science principles associated with dairy and the process improvement techniques required to run an efficient modern dairy operation.
The involvement of the top dairy companies in developing this course means you will be learning what is required right across the industry – irrespective of the specific company you work for. Reaseheath works with a number of major food and dairy companies including Robert Wiseman, Arla (UK), Dairy Crest, Muller (UK), First Milk, Milk Link and equipment suppliers such as Tetrapak CPS, APV, Alfa Laval, Wonderware, Siemens and Scanima. This keeps us on pole position with research and development projects, so we are constantly at the cutting edge!
What will I study?
Run in conjunction with Project Eden this course ensures the UK dairy industry has the very best dairy technology training in Europe, and is designed to develop well-rounded Dairy Technologists with a passion for the dairy industry.
- Clean-in-Place and Chemical Technology
- Principles of Dairy Chemistry
- Principles of Dairy Microbiology
- Dairy Workplace Practices
- Principles of Food and Dairy Safety
- Milk and Dairy Derivatives as Raw Materials
- Quality Assurance in the Food Industry
- The course caters for a range of qualifications and applicants will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants will need to be sponsored by a dairy company.
- Top-up route to BSc (Hons) Food Manufacturing with Operations Management or related subject.
As a Higher Education student you will have two main costs to meet; your tuition fees and living costs.
Our tuition fees for UK and EU students entering University are charged for each academic year of a course and are set by the college annually.
If you are an international student or for the latest information on tuition fees visit the student finance page on our website.
A Quality Support Manager with Muller in Bridgwater, Somerset, Melanie was awarded the ‘best student’ accolade from National Skills Academy for Food and Drink.
Melanie Leloup Foundation Degree in Dairy Technology
Would you like to look around? Arrange a visit and see what University Centre Reaseheath can offer
Find out everything you need to apply to study at University Centre Reaseheath
If you have any questions about UCR, or need information on any of our courses, we’re here to help