Opportunities within sport are growing year on year and there has never been a better time than now to pursue a career in the industry.
University Centre Reaseheath is delighted to announce it’s expanding its higher education sport provision with the launch of a new Foundation Degree in Sports Coaching, to complement its existing Adventure Sports and Coaching Foundation Degree.
Both degrees are an ideal option for students wishing to pursue a career in sports coaching – either in the sports or adventure sports industries.
If you have any students with a keen interest in sport and a desire to progress on to degree level study, we would like to invite them to University Centre Reaseheath this December for a HE Sport Taster Day.
Friday 1st December or Thursday 7th December
1pm – 3pm
On the day your students will be able to choose from a Sports Coaching or Adventure Sports Coaching activity.
Students interested in Sports Coaching will enjoy a hands-on VO2 max demonstration in our sports testing lab, an Olympic lifting demonstration and a Breaking 2 marathon challenge in our gym.
Students interested in Adventure Sports and Coaching will take part in a low ropes problem solving taster.
The practical tasters will be followed by a tour of our new facilities, an overview of the sport degrees offered at University Centre Reaseheath and information about our new Sports Performance Academy which is currently under development (due for completion May 2018).
Lunch is available to purchase in the canteen from 12.30pm.
Why study sport at University Centre Reaseheath?
- New Sports Performance Academy currently under development – due for completion May 2018 – including a four-court sports hall and specialist Sport Science Lab
- Our top-class sporting facilities include a 3G Rugby Pitch built to world rugby standards and a Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA), used for 5-a-side football, tennis, netball and basketball, providing a range of coaching opportunities.
- To support effective fitness based coaching, our gym offers a full range of equipment required for strength and conditioning, including an Olympic lifting platform and free weights area.
- Have the opportunity to complete additional coaching qualifications as well as gain valuable work experience with leading sports clubs and allied professionals.
- Improve your knowledge of a range of sports including rugby, football, volleyball, netball, handball and more. You will also have the opportunity to train towards gym instructor’s qualifications.
Why study adventure sport at University Centre Reaseheath?
- Our Adventure Sports department offers a range of professional outdoor equipment such as Laser Pico and RS Vision asymmetric sailing boats, Lapierre mountain bikes, kayaks and canoes.
- Our top-class sports facilities include a state-of-the-art gym with Technogym equipment, an indoor climbing wall and high ropes course.
- Gain valuable work experience with our industry partners and study for National Governing Body Awards with The British Canoe Union, Mountain Training and the Royal Yachting Association.
- Take the opportunity to join study tours in the UK and abroad. Recent tours have included skiing in the Alps, yachting with the Rona Trust Sailing Project and hiking in Snowdonia.
- Our campus, set in 330 hectares, offers undergraduates easy access to venues across the North Wales, Cheshire and the Peak District.